Tuesday, July 24, 2007

After a week's absence, I returned to office today with much dread. It must be a sign that this place isn't where i belong; not in the long run definitely.

After work, i took the train and alighted at Orchard station. I was determined to buy a book from Kino, never mind that i have so many books that i'm barely half-way through with reading. And buy a book i did. A non-fiction. I was tempted to get more, but it would be imprudent to spend more than i can finish reading the books. Regardless, i made a mental list of the titles that i'm going to get the next time - when they dangle the 20% or 30% discount.

Note to self: National Day is some two weeks away. There will be discounts offered by the big bookstores. Action beckons.

Because I wanted to visit Muji, i decided to walk over to Paragon. The shirts there are on sale, but the only ones left are the XL-sized. That's as good as saying all shirts are sold out.

I took the lift to the basement, my slightly rumbling stomach urging me to sniff out food. But instead of munchies, I was drawn by the music playing at That CD Shop. The A female singer was singing; her voice had a pristine quality, very serene and easy on the ears. I walked into the store, half-browsing and pretending to be looking for a CD, when in actual fact i was just there to enjoy the music.

Perhaps it is late already so they are playing soft and relaxing music. Not a few people walked into the store asking for the CD that is being played.

Starbucks is just across the music store, i realised. No wonder its patrons all seem so comfortable in their seats, as though they plan to while the night away.
Now I know where to go and chill over coffee at this hour the next time i am in town with friends.

0 comments: