Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thunder & Lightning zzzzzz



As I am writing this now, flashes keep appearing from the corner of my eye. I guess it's a kind of enjoyment, in an inexplicable way, to be up at nearly 2am with the constant company of lightning and thunder. The night sky's been set nearly ablaze by the furious lightning. I swear if this were converted into usable energy, the entire island-state could run on electricity for a good, say, 10 minutes? Gee, the Lightning God just doesn't get tired. At this hour.

The thing about crackling thunder and zig-zagging lightning is that it's best enjoyed snuggled in bed and in sleep.

So why am I not doing just that? Blame it on a long work day. As usual, I am trying to find some social indulgence at an hour when it is least social. Life's like that sometimes: you live in an irony, and the irony just takes you further in a self-perptuating way, till it becomes sardonic or downright grievous. If you can't change the course of things, you can take respite by enjoying the simple things in life, like hearing the rumble of thunder and seeing the beauty of lightning flashes.