Tuesday, January 10, 2006

the new year just started

And so this is it. 2006 just officially started for me today, my first day back on the university campus after a five-week break, a very short one which i am nonetheless grateful for. As countless numbers of people have told me time and again, when else in life do you get such long holiday breaks? I know, and it won't be long before i tell my juniors the same thing others keep kindly reminding me of.

The dreary weather and the relentless rain may as well be a fitting start to this semester. It wasn't with excitement that i took the familiar route to school, nor did i beam a truly happy smile as i met all-too-familiar faces around in campus. Not that i am unhappy either, but it's probably because the familiarity of such details has long faded into something close to a bane, or at the very least, it has breeded a great deal of indifference.

Which is why i am glad that today will not repeat itself tomorrow, for tomorrow is a public holiday, a day right after i've just returned to campus. Tell me this isn't supposed to make me feel a prolonged sense of holiday mood, delaying further my settling down for yet another tough semester that, this time round especially, requires my complete diligence and focus.

0 comments: