Monday, September 17, 2007

unfateful episode

Finally went kayaking today. But something totally unexpected happened. A guy standing at the river bank waved at me and beckoned me over. Naturally I couldn't just ignore him so i kayaked over. That proved to be a fatal move. The guy turned out to be part of a production crew who were doing some filming nearby. In less than a minute, he hastily explained and requested that i kayaked over when two well-known local TV personalities walked over - they were filming for a variety show and the TV personalities were approaching people to sample their food as part of their publicity efforts.

Given the bizzare situation - i mean, hello, kayaking and being stopped by a production crew who's doing filming? - I was too stunned to react. It didn't seem right to just ignore him and kayak away.

Soon after, said personalities came over with an entire crew with them. I acted accordingly, having been 'briefed' earlier. Then the TV personalities shouted for others who were kayaking nearby to come over, including my friend.

I hope this will not go on TV though i think it most likely would. Damn!

4 comments:

AdrC said...

Damm! I should have gone with you guys!!! Who were the celebs???? Got any of my favs???

Anonymous said...

eh what show what show? ha ha ha this entry is funny. i want to watch!

transit inn said...

Adrian: Yes, u shd have come with us! And, er, u wdn't be interested in the celebs haha

t*: trust me, u wdn't catch the show. it's on channel 8, gal. I hope the editors will do away with that scene ;(

Anonymous said...

ha ha i will i will! tell me when! text me!