Saturday, April 26, 2008

Last 7 days

Over the last 7 days
I celebrated a very good friend's bday
With a gregarious group at a cozy restaurant in Dempsey
Met up with another friend who's back from UK
Sat at Walas, drank and shouted to get myself heard
Found out that he's engaged and getting married this year -
My first good guy friend of my age tying the knots
He's going back this Sat and coming back in August to hold the wedding
And I thought,
Life's journey's so wonderful sometimes unbelievable yet so beautiful.

I sms-ed another friend
A friend from university days whom I've not met for more than a year
Asked him out and we caught up over a meal at Pasta Mania
He filled me in about the others and i found out that
This very bright girl (1st class honours) had just died of cardiac arrest
And I knew,
Life's journey's so wonderful but not without its tragedies and aches.

I sms-ed another good friend
Arranging gathering and fixing dates
Realised something's not so right coz she sounded impatient tense and sharp
This was not her usual nature and I worried for I know these were signs
Clear signs that she's burnt out and out

Many more things happened over the last 7 days
Good and bad, happy and sad, all were had
And I pray,
The next 7 days will be more good than bad more wonderful and bright.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey what about organising a meet up with ME.

i don't do alcohol so well but harry's serves OJ and i take that well.

Anonymous said...

that's me!! as in, i was the nasty impatient tense one :(

sigh :( sorrie :(

burnt out but hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel. thanks loads for putting up with the rubbish.

guess what, i'm going to dig out the D70 and invest some time in it. you got me itching again :)

transit inn said...

t: of course, sure thing! Did ask you out now and then but u always can't do ad hoc ones leh. will do again ;p

the nasty, impatient, tense one: I nvr said 'nasty'! And havent you been barred from apologising, remember?! im just glad to hear that the end finally seems to be in sight for you :)