Monday, December 15, 2008

Nirvana


My hunger appeared to have subsided, or so i imagined, and my mind started to lift itself out of starving mode. Good enough. It was tiring running for more than two hours, and to have to carry thoughts of my hungry stomach striking protests, that's another weight sapping one too little remaining ounce of energy that's left of me.

So, I began to lose thoughts of hunger. My weary legs seemed to have found strength, striking forward with greater assurance of their, er, foothold. The landing felt balanced, and there even appears to be a newfound momentum. Gathering slowly, but present nevertheless.

My hopes were rekindled. I felt less weak. Then my mind - that all-powerful tool that controls without a word spoken, or a finger lifted - detected a signal. Unmistakably so.

'Your mind's drawing the tiredness and pain away from your feet. It is sucking away the negative energy, that's why your steps not only don't hurt, they feel stronger. Mind over matter. You've mastered your strikes. And your running technique - landing on the front of your feet - that you've conciously put to practice - it works! Here and now's the proof!'

I felt stronger, could feel little pain (it's disappeared). My pace, my running posture, my confidence, they have never been better. My body is in sync with itself, all the critical drivers in kinetic unison.

The feel-good thoughts didn't stop there. My mind was in an excited state, I reckoned, and it decided to fill itself with positives. It detected yet another signal, this time as if it came from divinity.

'Amazing. You are running better, never felt so good, and if you continue like this - running at this speed, feeling little pain, thinking only good - you may just be able to achieve a superb timing, a record record! Hell, you are reaching Nirvana! You could go on and on, running at this pace!'

I am attaining Nirvana? Its mere existence - the thought - seems to corroborate its own prognosis.

Some time later - not that much later, really - the all powerful mind seemed to encounter a grave challenge. There could be internecine strife, I supposed. I tried hard to feel and search within for my nirvana strength, but it seemed to elude me. Tiredness and pain seemed to have been drained down from top (mind) to below (legs). The negative energy seemed to be exerting its presence. If i felt deep enough, if i concentrated hard enough, I swore I could hear and feel the devastating hungry thoughts. They were going to inhabit my erstwhile emancipated stomach, and bear me down with its mental weight.

Enlightenment came not long after. Again, the all-knowing mind.

Power Gel effect has been consumed. No more effect. Kaput. No more nirvana dream. No nothing!

So much for the positives.

0 comments: