Monday, January 04, 2010

a rare treat



I made an unexpected but pleasant discovery on Sunday. I chanced upon a quiet corner in the dazzling Ion mall, that current crème de la crème shopping haven that still oozes sass and luxurious appeal even though it's opened for some time already.

It is a small café that is hidden away at an inconspicuous location inside the tastefully styled bookstore Prologue. I have never visited the bookstore since it opened for business even though I very much wanted to. This trip was, however, a coincidental stopover: I was in town to run some errands and decided on a whim to drop by to check out if it sells any diary planners for 2010 (this was already 3 days into the new year).

I was looking for the stationery section when the floor space suddenly opens up to a more spacious area that is occupied by the snazzy cafe. The small space was clean and sleek in its design. Most important, it is devoid of the obnoxious crowds that have descended upon the other cafes in the lower floors of the popular mall. Dinner was not long away but it didn't take long for me to decide that I shall finish my errands quickly and visit the cafe.













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also came across this jewel!! And boy, wat a find among the hustle and bustle of Ion.

This is definitely a Jem ( true to its name!), when in the same bulding, the long queue at Marmalade Pantry and TWG tea means a wait of least 45 minutes!

And now, iam in a dilemma as to whether to share this secret find with my friends. Although good things are meant to be shared, the risk is the place will lose the very reason why it was a Jem in the first place (when ple start streaming in)..

so to share or not to share... hmm


Xueyun

transit inn said...

Shhh...We keep it to ourselves. Don't tell others! ;)

My guess is most people including book lovers won't visit Prologue. Moreover the cafe isn't an upmarket place so not many would arrange to have tea just there.

But I understand your 'dilemma'. It's the curse of popularity: it draws crowds and before you know it, it's become a crowded place. This is not sth we want.

That aside, you mean you didn't intend to tell ME?!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

you are so right! i din intend to tell you............ cos i intend to bring you there!!! kekeke

xy