Tuesday, August 03, 2010

yesterday night once more

Apart from the pursuit of perfection and an obsession with aesthetically beautiful things, taking pictures generally makes me a happier person. This, I realise after I was up and about with my camera more frequently in the last two weeks and had taken random shots, some of which turn out fine. I feel more relief and less misery of late as a result of engaging in this pursuit.

The past few months have been very bad, worse than anyone could have imagined except myself. There comes a point sometime when it's useless to say anything, because, first of all, it doesn't help and secondly, others have already formed their own opinions based on what little they know or guess.

On Saturday, I was happy to be back at a favourite place, lingering around in the company of books and food. After much hesitation and unfruitful discussion between Yani and me on where we could go after dinner, I finally made the decision. We retraced our steps and set foot upon this place that I long wanted to visit but had found no chance until now.

My last shot of the day turned out to be my favourite one. Perhaps that explains the residual happiness the following day.

0 comments: