Saturday, January 01, 2011

First Light: 2011



The end and the beginning are destined as inseparable pair. One goes, the other comes. They are each other's genesis and consequence. They complete each other.

I saw the last setting sun of 2010 yesterday evening. This morning, I saw the sun making its first ascent in the new year. It's not often that I see both consecutively, and it's never before happened that I see both on two consecutive days straddling different years. The sun goes down and comes up everyday, so it's nothing special. But I had crossed over from a ten to a eleven, and this was sufficient for me to make a mental note.

I first glimpsed the January sun from behind the overland train track as I was cycling over the flyover. Mesmerised by the gently beautiful portrait, I stopped my bike at the mid point of the flyover and stayed close to the side to avoid the vehicles that flew past me. Then quickly, I took my camera out and snapped a shot before I continued with my ride. I rode faster this time, for I was running late to meet Eugene.

0 comments: