Sunday, March 13, 2011

smelling the roses





Last week, I enjoyed my cycling and running so much that I endeavoured to do the same this weekend in a bid to relive the moment of happiness. If the formula has been tried and tested, I thought, why not apply it again? I couldn't wait for Saturday to arrive the whole week. Nevermind the horrid office hours; I would be contented so long as my weekend is untouched and I can hit the road again. I wanted badly to be under the sun and blue sky and to be surrounded by greenery.

Unfortunately, my high hopes gave way to disappointment eventually. Instead of abundant sunshine, I had cloudy weather for the weekend morning. I was also incredibly tired and therefore unable to enjoy the physical exercise. I ended up cycling only; running had to wait. To mitigate the exhaustion I was feeling, I stopped at a few places to enjoy pockets of peace. Increasingly, cycling has become less of a passion in and of itself; it is also the means for me to escape and enjoy the natural surroundings in Singapore.

It's cliched to say this, but it is an enduring truth that we need to make a consientious effort to apply brakes and enjoy the little things in life. I hope to always be applying this in my life.



0 comments: