Tuesday, August 30, 2011

chill-out run & brekkie

I spent a very comfortable Saturday morning first pounding the tarmac in the relentless rain, then chilling out at a cafe nestled away in the fringe of the city. After almost 5 months of hectic work and consequent inactivity, it felt good to be in my running gear again, conquering the road foot by foot, breath by breath, from metres to miles.

The cool rainy weather was enjoyable, so was the running route which took the three of us through a quiet cemetry. It was the perfect time to be out and running, for the rain was not heavy enough to pose a safety hazard, yet persistent enough to deter most people from taking to the outdoor. The ominously dark sky certainly had a hand in this foutitous circumstance. Being in good company, I actually didn't mind the wetness and loved every bit of pounding the tarmac whilst sustaining conversations throughout the run. As I said to Eugene, I liked the part about having a shower and getting changed into clean clothes and slippers after each run. The endorphins would be nicely at work around this time, and I would feel all freshened up.

For breakfast (we've been looking forward to this even before that day), we headed to a somewhat indie cafe that is tucked away at a nondescript industrial buiding. I've heard and come across the cafe online, just never had a chance to visit it. The best part about our post-run brekkie was the cool and breezy weather that continued, which we enjoyed by eating alfresco.

I am now very much looking forward to the next run. I just hope it won't be another 5-month intermission before it takes place!


Choco-Horlick cake that has the right sweetness


The display at coffeehouse counters always delight


I like the ambience and the big yellow light bulb


Spaced out


Modern with an oldie touch

0 comments: