Thursday, August 04, 2011

Tokyobike ♥



It's difficult not to like Tokyobikes. The bikes are sleek and simple, the pastel colours have a refreshing appeal and the whole package resonates with what I think is its design objective: simple, classic and delightful. Going back to the basics and keeping things simple never run out of date. There's a place for simplicity and minimalism in life, in a way that is supposed to counter the complications and clutter that life inevitably clocks up.

I hope some time in the future I would be able to own a Tokyobike. The only pity is there isn't much of a countryside or charming small town to go around on a bike. This also means I can say goodbye to romantic ideas of picking wild flowers and putting into the bike basket, or cycling uninterrupted past idyllic fields with blue sky and fluffy clouds above.

All right. I shall stop dreaming.



0 comments: