Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fourth Dragon Day

Thursday, the fourth day of the Lunar New Year, the second working day which I did not have to spend in office. (Before you envy me, I'm paid nothing for staying at home.)

Lucky me, I had company in the morning for a slow city jog. Newly minted Peasant Yap, who is having a sabbatical currently, picked me up from Redhill MRT station at 8 a.m. We started our run from Robertson Quay, and the journey took us through Clarke Quay to Marina Bay Sands. We even zipped through the mall at Shenton Way when going over from Collyer Quay to Raffles Place. That was enough to make us honourably proud of ourselves as we cast mocking glances at the corporate crowd.

Breakfast was decent at a cafe. Coffee was not up to scratch, but the subsequent watermelon-lychee freeze more than made up for it. I read papers while Mr Yap busied himself with preparations for his upcoming GMAT exam.

After we parted, I went for a swim just after noon, repeating the same routine the day before. Awesome.

0 comments: