Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Third Dragon Day

On the third day of the Lunar New Year, I woke up to a quiet neighbourhood and lovely morning. The kids have gone back to school, the adults have returned to their offices for work. Those who are still on holiday are probably either still in bed or enjoying breakfast at home.

I went for a jog by the lake. In the afternoon, I went for a swim at my favourite public swimming complex. These two activities alone would have defined my day, for it is next to impossible to do both on a weekday. So you can imagine how satisfied and happy I was with my accomplishments.

After the swim, I took a train to town. I wanted to visit Cat Socrates at Bras Basah, a lovely shop that I've heard much about but yet to visit. When I failed to get a response by call and find out from the website and Facebook Page whether the shop's open for business, I decided to still make the trip - and be disappointed. But it's a weekday and I'm a free man, so I'm cool about it.

I hopped over to Kiliney Kopitiam and had a late lunch/tea, paying an exorbitant $5.50 for eggs, toast bread and tea because the prices have not gone down (stall-holders typically raise the prices of food during the first few days of Chinese New Year). After the satisfying meal, I took a long walk in the city area and took pictures - something which I have not been able to do for a long time. Short of calling this a photo-shoot outing, I did try to spot interesting sights and snap shots. By the time I was done, it was past 7.30pm and I had crossed over the road from the Esplanade to the Fullerton Hotel.

Dinner was awaiting me at home. I felt I had spent a good day doing things that I fancy. Lovely Wednesday.

0 comments: