Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Depreciation and Appreciation

We were at a petrol kiosk refueling the car. That's when I spotted ZM, an ex-secondary schoolmate of ours, who was in front of our car topping up petrol.

Adr called out his name, whereupon ZM expressed surprise and came over to say hi. Meanwhile, LS and I had stayed inside the car. I don't know ZM personally, so only Adr and LS did the talking.

"My, he has depreciated," LS remarked almost matter-of-factly after ZM left. "He was actually one of the better looking guys when we were in primary school."

"Depreciated. Wah, must you use this term on him?" Adr replied as he started the engine.

I was amused and can't help but ask, "So have we depreciated also?"

She chuckled before saying, "No, you guys have appreciated."

I must say that sounds positively reassuring.

0 comments: