Thursday, May 24, 2007

Of ippt and wedding

Took my ippt today, and i am happy with my results. In fact, i surprised myself by completing the 2.4km run in a shorter time compared to last year - and i had thought i would have done worse this year! Anyway, my timing was good enough, in my opinion, for a reservist man who doesn't run regularly. In order not to have to do my ippt in the coming in-camp, i had to 'persuade' myself to jog/run in preparation for today's ippt. Now that it's over, i have about a year's time to rot before i start to train for the next ippt.

I took my ippt with KC, who is going to shed his bachelor status in two week's time. He took the opportunity to pass me his wedding invitation card, which has a simple yet classy appearance. There's a photo of him and his wife-to-be inside the card. Which makes me wonder if it is de rigeur to include a photo of the bride and bridegroom in a wedding invitation card these days.

And so I found out more about his invitation, offered my assistance if he so needs. We also talked about work, how it's such a chore to have to do something which we don't enjoy. Anyway, he wasn't terribly excited about his wedding; in fact, he seemed tired, and besides, he did say that he can't wait for it to be over. Wedding's supposed to be a joyous occasion isn't it? But hearing from him, i think there are things beyond his control that made the affair less happy than it should have been. So he's not to be blamed after all.

I told him quite simply, that if and when i hold my wedding, it would be a simple affair that involves close friends, held in a cozy environment, free from all the shackles of tradition and familial obligations. It's going to be MY wedding, you know, not anyone else's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're back!
yay for getting through the IPPT (with flying colours, i am sure). (:

catch you up soon!

transit inn said...

Pardon me, but who are you? :)

Anonymous said...

ooops. it is i.