Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas


1. Bought my Christmas cards very early. Bought 3 different packs of cards because I kept coming across cards with nicer designs and i couldn't resist getting them. It's for my friends after all, not for me.

2. Didn't manage to finish writing the cards at home, so ended up taking time off from work to do just that. Talk about meeting datelines.

3. Ordered and bought some 9 tins of - dare i say - delicious cookies for my good friends. It's about giving, not receiving.

4. Was 1 of 4 patrons at a cozy cafe tucked away at a corner of Bukit Timah on a Fri night, listening to Jo crooning jazz with her band. Had a really wonderful night, not least coz Jo was a natural when it comes to performing. She rocks!

5. Took leave on Christmas eve (coz was supposed to be still in M'sia) but ended up back in office, and stayed till 3pm and then off to do a site recee at Goodwood Park. I love my work, man.

6. Did last minute shopping in Orchard on Xmas eve. The crowd at night was simply pure madness. I can't understand why all those people would want to descend upon that street and subject themselves to all the jostling and pushing and claustrophobia. I took flight the moment I got what i wanted.

7. Had Xmas lunch at Coffee Club @ Holland V. The (dory) fish dish that I ordered was bland even though it apparently was awarded some Good Food Award, according to the indication in the menu. L & J got fish and chips and fish nuggets - we all had a fishy lunch, yes - and theirs tasted much better than mine. Oh, and it was wonderful to spend an afternoon in a restaurant that had relatively few people. I so hate crowds.


The dory fish that I had - it was bland, bland, bland.

Fish and Chips

Fish nugget dish

Sinful Mud Pie - can't go wrong with this, though it is now more expensive even if the portion is bigger.

0 comments: