Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Monday is shit day

0241hrs.
Tell me the right feeling to have now is that I will find it hard to wake up and get to work on time. Later. Soon.

Two hours and twenty minutes ago.
I walked out of the train onto the West-bound train platform - only to find that there was no more train service.

Three hours twenty minutes ago.
Hardly thinking anything is amiss, I confidently told Y: Nah, it doesn't matter which train I take, it's at most a difference of 10 minutes. (Only to realise one hour later, that 10 minutes make a big difference.)

Three hours fourty-five minutes ago.
Had a quick bite (supposedly dinner) at Macdonald's. Y said: Since it's already late, we might as well take our time. I replied: That's not logical; we should be hurrying instead.
Anyway, at this hour, the service staff were slow, the fries were bland and the chilli sauce tasted different, in a less palatable way.

Four hours ago.
Me to Y: All right, I'm done. Shutting down now.

Four hours ten minutes ago.
Me to Y: Give me another ten minutes.

Four hours twenty five minutes ago.
Me to Y: One more page to go. Give me another ten minutes.

Eight to ten hours ago.
Instead of spending productive time on work, was busy preparing for farewell gift for colleagues; and then busy spending money and carrying small furniture for the office's cozy corner for staff.

And for all that, I was paid shit for my labour. I mean it.
(In the Lift) Y: Heyyy...what's that (pointing to my shoulder). It looks like...bird shit.
Me: Turned my head diagonally downwards to the left. All right it's dead. certain. bird. shit. Shit!!!
Me: YEwwwwwww EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

0306hrs
That's my Monday. Start of a brand new week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this post!
somewhere between four and ten hours ago, there should have been a seven hour part where we met up for coffee/dinner.

transit inn said...

I love your comment too.
'somewhere between four and ten hours ago'
Like an extension... ;p