Friday, February 13, 2009

i like. magazines.


Somewhere i read: 'No modern abode is complete without some casually stacked books on your coffee table to reflect your taste.'

The 'books' could have been replaced by 'magazines', and it would still come off perfectly fine. And why, that line came from a magazine i'd read, of course.

I like magazines. I like the travel sections: the picture spread and interesting stories that tell of little known facts, curious information, amazing discoveries. I like the feel of their sleek covers, the glossy pages, the captivating fonts. And i happen to think that a magazine is not good enough unless it has lots of pictures. Gorgeous pictures, no less.

I like to read magazines, to be sure. From the serious type, to the lifestyle kind. The latter, i especially like the casual mood, stylish pages and easy texts. And if it comes with well-written, intelligent articles, all the more better. Words and pictures - they can hardly go wrong with me (the nice ones, i mean).

I like flipping through magazines and letting my eyes (perhaps more than my mind) guide me through the pages till they linger, unconsciously, on a particular text or picture. So frivolous, I know. But frivolity is as much a fact and need in life as are solemnity and propriety.

And i say again, I like magazines. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I qm quite the magazine junkie myself.

transit inn said...

I wd imagine so, given ur interest in writing and photography. Nice to have u drop by here :)