Thursday, May 28, 2009

pleasant surprise

I did the unthinkable today - honestly. I was half dragging myself out of home for that annual ritual called IPPT, fully expecting that I will be getting Silver as usual. Then I outdid and surprised myself by managing to clock a Gold timing for my 2.4km run. Yes, Gold! The last time I did that was when I was still a strong, young man, many, many years ago! Something is not quite right today, I swear. Or as Tang put it (un)charitably, the route must be shorter (this being a newly designed route). Bish.

The funny thing is, I didn't feel awful while running, nor was i running my lungs out round and round on the indoor ground. I was lucky that my body was sort of on form today during the run segment: no funny stomach, no uneven breathing, no stitch. I could run without my body giving all sorts of funny signals, which is often the case when I do 2.4km run.

Anyway, to reward myself, I had Ice-Kachang later. Tang managed to get his silver, so we have two happy men tonight walking out of Maju Camp.


0 comments: