Monday, June 29, 2009

Either way, it's Freak



The streets, the traffic, shops, people in movement - these are the stuff of my travel. I am quite contented walking the streets, turning the corner, admiring places and scenery and people, finding pleasant surprises and, of course, capturing snapshots of the multifarious things i see. As so often pointed out in travel articles, walking is a good, if not the best, way to feel the pulse of a place.

Many people I know are very pleased when they scooped a good bargain or buy whilst holidaying. I am however even more elated when I snapped a good photo. The joy of capturing a moment, or of something interesting or beautiful, brings much joy and relish.

For the photo above, I was walking on the sidewalk when i glanced the sign board. Almost instinctively, I took out my camera and framed the as yet untaken photo while waiting for the right moment. It came shortly and I was rewarded with what I considered to be one of my favourite shots from the trip.

0 comments: