Saturday, September 26, 2009

Drained

It's been quite a week. A week of I-don't-know-the-day-and-time anymore, with the day moving on without my consicous knowing, so that Night arrived each day as if it were but an extension of Day.

Monday was a public holiday and I was back in office but ended up with a situation that made the trip futile. Tuesday, I did not have time for lunch and left office at 11.30ish to catch a cab home, so that I didn't have to incur the midnight charges.

Wednesday and Thursday were a different story: I needed more than anything else to have more time, and so for the first time I left office close to 2am on both days. My eyes were so strained from staring at the computer screen into the late night that I had to wash my face several times to make sure I could still feel and think with some degree of clarity.

Yesterday was slightly better, only because I have a weekend to carry on the week, so I left office at 11.40pm. I also had no time for lunch (again) on Friday, if only because things were so urgent and there so were many tasks that needed attention all at the same time, I just hadn't any moment to stop. When SX last week told me that she left office at 3-4plus, I countered it was no consolation because I (a) can't claim my cab fare and (b) she probably earns thrice as much as I, so that's no consolation at all.

Surprisingly though, I am not feeling bitter. It's very bad, but this will come to pass. There are still many unsettled matters and in a short while I will be making my way back to office - yes - again. The one thing that upsets me most is that because of the trip and now this project, I haven't had any exercise or sports for nearly two months. I am most upset with the fact that I may not be able to run the marathon this year because training has completely been derailed. It's depressing to know that I can't better my timing this year. What's more, the absence of regular training means that I may not even be able to run any long distance, not to mention the marathon.

In any case, you now know it. If there hadn't been any updates or photos, it's because of this.

0 comments: