Monday, February 22, 2010

Ramen & Asahi

Ippudo Singapore: its ramen impresses me not. As J said it, 'Can you imagine if we have queued for an hour and eaten this in the end?' I added: And luckily we only ordered a bowl.

All right, to be fair we only had the first item on the ramen menu. It was near closing time for the restaurant, we didn't have to queue, and most important it had beer. Asahi. So we chose Ippudo over Jones, the only two restaurants, i think, that were still open at this hour in Mandarin Gallery.

I couldn't take a second dinner, so I declined to order a bowl myself. Between the two of us, we had a bowl of ramen and 4 bottles of Asahi.

The ramen wasn't the only thing that didn't impress us. The choice of music that the resturant was playing was also conspicuously incongrous with the restaurant - its design, the food it serves, the ambient mood. We shook our heads.

At least, well, now we've been to Ippudo.






0 comments: