Sunday, February 21, 2010

Unseen Moments #4: Be With You



When night falls
and the shops close,

when the streets are emptied
and the air turns chill,

when the chairs are turned
and the music is off,

when tired bodies are tempted by slumber
and souls by untold dreams,

when the ice-lemon tea has long finished
and the straw's bitten till
it's happily out of shape,

when we've talked
the same things over and again
and not getting any tired or bored -

I am just glad to have you by my side,
to be with you, see your smile, hear your laughter.

You with your flowing tresses
unfashionably out of place,
your slender frame covered
by your beige cardigan, my crumpled t-shirt
stained with your perfume -

I am just glad you are with me,
our hands clasped and our hearts beating to one,
all that matters is I have you by my side,
when night falls and that special moment dawns.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

10: nice :)