Monday, April 26, 2010

Seletar revisited

I said I would be back.

The decision to make good my promise was actually made on a moment of impulse. The good weather today fuelled my urge to be outdoor and enjoy the lovely breeze. My morning plan to cycle had failed, but I was stirred in the afternoon to take a second chance. I was in town when the urge to cycle to Seletar came upon me with a desperate urgency, so much so that I was willing to take a cab home before the evening gets swallowed by darkness.

In the end I managed to get to Seletar before dark, lingering there till the last light faded into darkness. Though it would have been nice if I had reached earlier, I was nevertheless able to enjoy a tranquil evening surrounded by big open spaces, water, voluminous clouds and plenty of silence. I felt contented.


The long inviting road packed with vehicles at the sides


Enjoying some me-time and the view in front


There were a few families around, amongst other people who have also come to enjoy the lovely space here.


The two brothers keeping each other company


It was nice seeing the kites. One of them went really high.


Such as this...


The clouds shifted to let in the crimson red burst through


I went into unchartered terrain, literally


The long road ahead was mostly empty. I would have gone on to Sengkang had the road not been sealed at one end by a fence not interrupted the road.


Scenes like this just stop me in my track. I can just admire it for a long, long time.


The old Seletar's gone, so very sad. I kept cycling into the small roads joining the remaining houses, but always came to a dead-end. The residential area has shrunk to a miserable puny area. The old England is lost.

0 comments: