Sunday, April 04, 2010

seletar, seletar

While the guys are either overseas for holidays or preoccupied with family obligations this weekend, I thought I could do with a little secret training to boost my fitness. But alas, I woke up to an ominously grey sky in the morning, and knew better than to take any chances. So I promptly went back to sleep.

Not long after - I was in the morning semi-sleeping state - it started pouring outside, and when I say pouring, I really mean pouring: it's like water poured continuously out of a bucket, except that the number of buckets is what you need to cover the entire horizon. So my sleeping in was perfectly justified.

But I am disappointed, to say the least. The whole week, I had been looking forward to Sunday. I had planned to take a slow ride to Lower Seletar Reservoir, which is the vicinity of the Seletar Airbase. It's a lovely place, and if i get there early enough, it would have been a very nice ride with a view of the reservoir. And Jalan Kayu is nearby, beckoning with roti prata. Instead of all this, the space here would have been filled with pictures of the long road to seletar, the quiet surrounds of the reservoir. Unfortunately, things didn't turn out that way.

Till the next time!

0 comments: