Wednesday, September 28, 2005

When i started with this blog i had wanted to use it more as a platform to do some creative writing. I think i did manage to write some thoughtful pieces and had fun writing them. Unlike what i am doing now, writing those creative pieces require more deliberation and effort as you give your writing some semblance of structure. I do that not because i haven't had enough of academic writing, but because i like to read and i appreciate good writing and i hope to exercise my writing skills in some creative way. It's somewhat like why i enjoy literature - it's about appreciating good prose, poetry and good writing that inspires or provokes. And sometimes it's just for fun, really.

But now that busy days are the norm, it is rather difficult to write as i did previously. While i know for certain there are only few - if any at all - people who would visit this blog occasionally, strangely, it has actually taken some time for me to become comfortable with blogging whatever i wish to write about, to be less restrained by inhibitions. Now i am more apt to just blog about small matters, perhaps even inconsequential stuff. To me, blogging provides the platform for writing; it is writing itself that is a cathartic process.

I slept only 3hrs yesterday to produce an essay outline that i presented today. Now i have less than 16 hours to churn out another one - the one about structural problems in the international economic system :( - before i embarrass myself in front of my classmates. I can take some quiet comfort in the fact that i was told the topic that i am doing is a hard one, and that there are probably quite many others who are also struggling with it (i hope so! haha). And it is because i couldn't really proceed on that i found myself writing all this. I hope in the next post, it would be about how i have scraped through the presentation. I really hope so.

0 comments: