Friday, November 25, 2005

cheers to a sunny weather

I realise that somehow the weather, of all things, is always able to inspire me to write. It could be the sun, rain or a thunderstorm - such natural conditions affect my mood and trigger many thoughts. I become variously contemplative, melancholy or exhilarted. And that makes me feel like writing about the weather as well as other stuff which are essentially just ramblings.

So far, this morning i have been able to exercise discipline by focusing on my readings longer than i usually do. I can't of course attribute this to the weather; that would be quite absurd. Still, the sunny weather today cheered me a little somewhat. The warmth generated was a lovely departure from the past few days of torrential rains and strong winds, which had kind of brought along with them a persistent sense of gloom. This morning, however, I looked up at the sky and was pleasantly greeted by a clear, blue sky that was interspersed with pockets of thick, white clouds, none of which, though, were menacing or boded ill weather for the rest of the day. The prospects for the day seem also bright. Or maybe my good mood was due to the lingering endorphin from the late night run yesterday. My day started on a positive note and it really needed to be that way.

Four more days to go and hopefully there would be more active writing from me. I need a break from all the leaden academic writings. Already, I am thrilled that finally there would be time for unfinished books, magazines, photo-taking and, above all, doing little or nothing.

0 comments: