Monday, September 18, 2006

N(o)73

The guys at Nokia certainly know how technology ticks and who their target market is. Well-known local bloggers Mr Brown, Mr Miyagi and Popagandhi have all been given a Nokia N73 which they have used and blogged positively about. No doubt because these bloggers reach out to a potentially large group of local consumers who are gadget-loving folks. This, surely, is a quick and effective way to market the delectable phone, given the credibility of those bloggers and their mass outreach to tech-savvy people - especially people like themselves who blog regularly and frequently upload photos to their blogs.

I must confess I am very tempted to own one myself. Not that I would readily upload my photos to Flickr straight from the phone if I do use it, but the 3.2megapixel in-built phone is proving very irresistable for folks like me who like to snap pictures anytime, anywhere and everywhere. And besides, the pictures taken on the N73 look very decent, seem to be of very good quality even - a requirement which i certainly insist when buying a camera, or a camera-phone.

Unfortunately, i can only dream about owning one at the moment, for its price is a little too costly for me to afford. To take pictures - good pictures - I would have to continue relying on my canon camera. I don't regret my choice of camera; i just wish to have another device that affords greater convenience.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Hey Wei Kwan,

If you want a decent camera hp, Sony Ericsson will do. The photos uploaded on comp looked pretty clear w/o much "noise". And you know how Sony is famous for their digicams.

Nokia is overpriced.

transit inn said...

I don't know Sony is famous for their digicams. Personally i don't like Sony. It's latest phones that come with 3.2megapixel camera are just as or even more ex, so N73 is still a good bet.

Anonymous said...

How is Nokia overpriced as compared to SE? The prices are pretty... similar, when you compare similar models.

And this is a former SE whore speaking.. I have issues with how SE is being disingenuous by labelling their recent camphones "Cybershot" and giving off the impression that they are using Carl Zeiss lens, like their regular Sony cybershot cameras. When the truth is, the only people allowed to use Carl Zeiss on phones, are Nokia (so what you see as the Cybershot K800i,isn't really one). As you mentioned, Nokia has shown it really knows who their target market, and how technology ticks, and have gotten ahead by providing the integrated flickr feature, and other stuff we the 'online' generation will appreciate.

If you tie yourself down to a contract with one of the telcos... think it costs only $300-400. There are even some smaller shops offering contract free sets for $650.