Saturday, March 20, 2010

After the saturday rain

On my way home this evening, instead of heading straight home after I got off the train, I decided to walk over to the park. A few minutes ago, I was standing in the train, feeling tired and hoping to get home as quickly as I could. But then I looked out the window and saw the blue sky passing imperceptibly by as the train was pulling into the station. It was carrying the remnants of the undischarged rain, light grey clouds that were floating slowly in the same direction, as though dreary from the rain battle that had gone on for the whole day. There was something alluring about the scene, which is probably the sense of tranquility evoked by the after-rain evening.

My spirits were as light as my steps as I crossed the road, stepped on the grass and moved to the edge of the lake. Parts of the ground were still wet from the day's rain, while a gentle breeze refreshened my tired body. Then finally, I got an unobstructed view of the sky. Though it didn't seem as magnificent as it did when I saw it on the train, it now has moving water beneath and distant concrete outcrops to complement its silent symphony.

More than half an hour later and as the sky was fast darkening, I turned back and started towards home. I put on my earphones, tuned in to the radio searching for a station that hopefully was playing some music that matched my mood. A chinese song caught my ears - a pretty old song - and right after it came another nice song whose name I don't know though I've heard the song before and like it - it has a very upbeat tune. As I walked through the carpark flanked by two towering HDB blocks, I turned back to look behind me occasionally. The sky has not turned completely dark, but there was nearly no presence of people around. All was quiet and the only sound I could hear was the music playing from my MP3.

And so this was my evening, and I just want to say it was quiet and wonderful.









0 comments: