Tuesday, November 08, 2011

dinner + supper + murakami

Picture below: Supper that I had just 20 minutes ago. 5 minutes before that I just finished my dinner. All super unhealthy food, but what's there to complain after a hard day at work and a barely decent lunch?

In other world news, I'm glad I performed the Murakami operation last night, for the prospect of continuing from where I left off yesterday, even if it may only be for a few precious lines, offers a glimmer of hope and sends a tinge of excitement down my spine.

The day passed with new pressures and expectations. Now into my third week, I am still learning new things everyday, even as the pressure to deliver results mounts with each passing day. It's a different ballgame, a completely new environment that I've settled into. The only way for me to rise above all the struggles is to keep going, keep going with a bit of faith, preferably at a rate faster than my legs could carry me. I learnt quite early on that the only way to learn is to learn things myself - consciously, purposely, constantly. For if I do not take this upon myself, no one is going to give a damn about me. And out I will go, eventually, for the world waits not for the man who can't catch up with changes.

Strangely, perhaps it's the shot of supper sugar, I feel an unexpected sense of optimism tonight even though there's much to worry about from the unfinished business of the day (like how many successful calls am I going to hit tomorrow).

Oh well. Murakami beckons. Good night!

0 comments: