Monday, November 07, 2011

that which we all adore: A&W!

The other reason why I ditched Bintan for Batam in the end was this: A&W. I don't know if Bintan had A&W, but Batam definitely has, so that's a clear edge for Batam. Just like in Malaysia where the people who ask about A&W and patronise it are my countrymen, so too is the case for Batam.

I guess if A&W never disappeared from the F&B landscape here, it would not have been so popular and excited so many souls now. But such is life, the extinct A&W rootbeer float being such a signature delight that it has seared its way into the hearts of foodie Singaporeans. After all, the value of a commodity invariably increases when it is in limited supply. I guess from an economic sense that's how nostalgia has an ineradicable part in our lives.

 

1 comments:

Cua Ngang Ngược said...

oh.. i like diet coke A&W ^^ so much