Saturday, November 12, 2011

pedal. rain.

It's been pouring since morning. Though it's evening now there seems to be no difference in the time because the sky's been gloomy and overcast since the first torrent of raindrops came beating down this morning.

As I held my umbrella and shielded myself from the splattering rain this afternoon, I thought of the last Malaysia ride we had - of being caught in the rain and getting our bike and ourselves drenched with rainwater.

I hated it when we are caught in the rain while cycling overseas. But for a moment just now, I felt a tinge of yearning to cycle in the rain: pedal, pedal, pedal; feeling the icy coldness cut my skin and the relentless droplets attack my eyes; the pedaling keeps going on, our mind carrying just one singular thought that no one needs to spell out: let us get to our destination as quickly as we can.

0 comments: