Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Image Relook

A serious re-examination of my image (perceived or otherwise) is in order, if these conversations I've had are anything to go by.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
'How've you been!' An external working partner - a she - called out excitedly when we met after a meeting. It was some 9 months back since we met for this annual project.

'You must be doing good; better than before!' (Chuckles)

'I remember you had a pimple then. Must be the stress!' (Laughs heartily)

Me: What??!! All you remembered was my pimple?!! (Mock Horrified look. Less the Mock, really.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tam: Would you date older women? (matter-of-factly tone)

Me: Yes (a little hesistant. Guys need to be careful when thrown such questions)

Tam: You look like you would date older women. (matter-of-factly tone maintained)

Me: Huh? What?!

SX: Er, no, he looks like he would go out with girls of our age.

At least SX thinks otherwise! What, you mean i don't look like sweet young things will want to date me?!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SU (colleague): What's wrong with your hair today? Bad Hair Day? (sniggers)

Me: Hmm. Well - I. Waxed. My. Hair.? (eyes rolling)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There, I said it. I need to re-examine my image. Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, so misunderstood!
it was never about sweet young things not wanting to go out with you; rather, it was about your (perceived) inclination to older women!
in any case, don't worry, you're still the most eligible boy from class! that one, no one can compete. hahahahaha.

transit inn said...

I must be sending out wrong signals then! Haha. Such comforting words. The most eligible boy is tying the knots next Jan; another one is devotedly attached - no time even for drinks after dinner once in a blue moon!